I used to tell myself I hated avocado’s when I was younger, however as I got older I realised that I had never really tried avocado’s and therefore had no actual reason to not like them. I remember trying guacamole for the first time and it was the taste and texture that I couldn’t stand. However, I kept on trying it. Little by little it began to grow on me and I actually have come to love it.
The first time I added it into one of my shakes was an interesting day. It made it extremely thick and didn’t have much taste to it. But I kept on trying, adding different extra’s to help add taste to it. Eventually I have found a few various combo’s that are so yummy! I will share them in another post.
Anyway, the reason I kept trying to enjoy avocado was because I knew it has some great health benefits. Here are the Top 10 Benefits:
- Helps to maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
- Helps to maintain blood pressure.
- Helps to control blood sugar levels.
- If your pregnant, it can help the body with a healthy pregnancy.
- It is also a great natural source of cancer protection.
- It is known for helping to maintain a healthy digestion system.
- Avocados also contribute to a healthy heart.
- Helps to keep your brain healthy.
- Helps to maintain your eyes and strengthen your sight.
- Avocado’s are also great for anti-aging.
For these reasons I now love avocado’s and I would recommend everyone who says they don’t like something, to keep preserving with trying it. Also experiment with different ingredients and find combinations that compliment the flavours and makes it easier to eat. I find that adding it my plant based protein shakes is a great way to mask the taste but benefit from all the natural nutrients and goodness avocados have.